Saturday, September 1, 2012

Waiting ... still waiting

This has to be the hardest part -- the waiting. I have 5 agents looking at my full ms right now and the suspense of not knowing if anyone likes my book enough to rep it is killing me.

I started querying back in February, but truthfully, I didn't know what I was doing. Nothing happened save for a full from an agency that I later learned pretty much requests fulls from everyone, so I stopped for a while. Spent some time cleaning up my ms, researched a batch of new agents and in May, entered back into Query Hell. One of the 5 prospective agents is actually reading a R&R and I'm trying to not let the rejections (on fulls) from the last couple of weeks bring me down. This is so hard!

The joy of receiving a full request (heck, even a partial!) is pretty special. Unfortunately, that also makes the disappointment from a big fat R sting that much more. This dance of "got one, lost one" is emotionally exhausting!

I think I need a nap now. Or a drink. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment