Monday, September 10, 2012

What is my life??!!

I stole the title from one of my favorite lines in John Green's The Fault in our Stars. Got another R today. What better way to start off a Monday? :-)

This last agent said he didn't connect with the protagonist. In various forms, that's what every agent has said, so I'm considering a massive overhaul to my story, including a revamp of the MC. What I'd like to do, and in fact I am currently taking a break from the outline, is re-work CHEAT. I want to keep the general premise (Chinese-American protagonist, pressures of high school, getting into Stanford, pleasing overbearing parents, failing physics grade, finding courage to stand up for self, etc.) intact, but the relationships, characters, situations, and climax will all get a face lift.

It's something I'm getting very excited about and I direly hope this sparkling new momentum can carry me through those blocked/frustrated days when it feels like I'm writing a whole new book. So yet again, my WIP that I mentioned last week is getting shoved to the backburner again. It was never the right time to dive into that project while this one is still hanging out. Who was I kidding? Oh well, someday. One day.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, that is rough! I think you deserve lots of ice cream and alcohol for taking so many R's in stride. :) Good luck with your revisions! Since you've already got so much agent interest, I bet it'll be worth it in the end!

    Mara

    ReplyDelete