Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yikes, another one

The hits just keep coming this week! Another rejection. This time, it wasn't even personalized. Just the usual "it wasn't for us blah blah." I will say, these Rs have been quick -- roughly 2 weeks each.

This is going to sound incredibly dumb and maybe it only makes sense in my head ... this waiting period feels kind of like that time in high school when I was nominated for Homecoming Queen. I was flattered to be nominated, but I knew that I wasn't going to be chosen. I knew it; there was no question about it, but it didn't stop me from basking in the faint glow of being nominated, even if it was short-lived.

This evil process of querying/requests/rejections feels similar. There's the initial "yay me!" followed by the "cool, awesome that my book has garnered interest" to finally, "and ... yep, called it."

Alright. That's it. This is way too depressing. New attitude in 3, 2, and 1 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment