Thursday, September 6, 2012

Crazy stupid

You're not published (yet). Heck, you're not even repped (yet). But what kind of crazy stupid fantasies do you have about your brilliant not-yet-materialized career? I don't mean legit dreams, like "I want to do what I love and write for the rest of my life and not starve because I'm actually making the monies" or "I want to affect the world through the written word."

I'm thinking more along the lines of, "I want to sell rights to a movie studio and be the casting director and I will cast Bradley Cooper ... even though he is about 2 decades too old to play anyone in a YA script." Yanno -- fluffy, crazy, stupid things.

Me? OK, this is embarrassing, but here goes. I like to plan out what I might wear for my photoshoot (for the book jacket, duh) and how awesome my book tours will be (because debut YA books get tours). Did I mention the book tour will be international? As in, HK and Malaysia, Switzerland and France, because my book will obviously have global mass appeal.

Dream big, right? Ha! Your turn. Spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment